Did you know that having preventative maintenance checks for your heating system will help it last longer and save you money in the long run? All you need to do is schedule an appointment with a company that provides heating services.
The ideal time to schedule a preventative maintenance appointment is sometime in the fall because it reduces the chances that you will need heating services during the busy winter season. However, it is always a good idea to schedule a preventative maintenance appointment for your heating system once a year, even if the fall is long gone, so if you have not had one yet this season, schedule one now!
Here is a list of a few of the things your heating services contractor will check during your appointment:
- Air Filter – A dirty filter will make your heater work harder than it needs to, which, in turn, can cause problems with your heating system down the road.
- Blower Motor – This spreads the heat in your vents and needs to be lubricated periodically.
- Ignition System – If this is not working properly, you won’t be getting the heat you need.
- Electrical & Safety Circuits – These need to be wired correctly to your thermostat and need to be in good working condition.
- Gas Valve Operation – It is important to have the correct gas pressure to get the needed heat in your home.
The technician will also check for any loose or worn parts and see if your heater is operating at its peak efficiency. By having a preventative maintenance appointment, you will reduce the need to have any heating services done in an emergency situation.
Looking for heating services in Mooresville NC? Contact us at Cool Comfort Heating & Air. We offer quality HVAC services at fair prices to homes and businesses. Call us today for a free quote!