Should you be thinking about doing a replacement of your air conditioning and heating system? How do you know when that time has come?
Here are a few warning signs that it might be time to call a professional HVAC technician to replace and install a new AC and furnace system in your home or office:
- If your air conditioner or heat pump is more than 10 years old or your boiler or furnace is more than 15 years old —You can get a much more energy-efficient system that can save you up to 20 percent in heating and cooling costs!
- If your equipment needs to be repaired frequently and/or your energy bills continue to rise—This indicates lack of efficiency and means you probably need a new system.
- If specific rooms in your home or office are too hot or too cold—This can be caused by duct problems, insulation problems, or equipment malfunctions.
- If you don’t have a programmable thermostat, yet the house is empty for long periods of time during the day—Installing a programmable thermostat to control the temperature when you are not at home can save lots of money and energy.
- If your home or office has humidity problems or is excessively dusty—This could be a sign of leaky or damaged ductwork.
- If your air conditioning or heating system is noisy—This indicates there might be problems with the indoor coil of the air conditioner or that you have a duct system that is too small.
For more information about furnace or air conditioning replacement and installation, give us a call at Cool Comfort Heating & Air in Huntersville and Mooresville, North Carolina.