As it warms up and spring turns into summer, it’s time to have your cooling system checked out. You may be due for an air conditioning repair or even replacement. You may have a different cooling system and you’re ready to upgrade to an air conditioner. Whatever the case may be, there are several different options for keeping your home comfortable during the hot weather.
Here are some options for air conditioning your home.
Central Air Conditioners
- Most common, especially for larger homes
- Provide cool air equally throughout your entire home
- Despite their name, heat pumps also work to cool off your home
- These work really well for mild winters and summers
Ductless Air Conditioners
- Work well if you don’t want a window unit, but also don’t need or want central air conditioning
- Very energy-efficient
Stand-Alone Air Conditioners
- These can be moved and can provide cool air for one space
- A great option, especially if you spend most of your time at home in just a few specific rooms
Window air conditioning units
- Allow you to cool one specific area at a time
- Work like a stand-alone unit and are very energy efficient, but don’t take up floor space
Learning more about these different choices will help you make the best decision for your situation and for your home. It’s best to find a good fit for you and to make your space comfortable for an affordable price.