Water heaters are a great luxury and necessity in your home. With very few moving parts, there is not much that can go wrong on a water heater, and if something does, usually you can fix it yourself rather simply and quickly. However, not all water heater repairs can be done by a typical homeowner. Here are the scenarios when you should call a professional for your water heater repair:
- If you have an electric water heater and see that there it has begun to flood water out onto the floor, call a professional. If you attempt to repair it yourself, you could get electrocuted.
- If you have a gas water heater and can smell gas coming from it, then you will need a professional to perform your water heater repair, as this is also a very dangerous situation.
- If you hear loud noises from your water heater, there is likely a buildup of sediment in it. This is a situation that would merit calling for water heater repair. A good way to avoid this from happening, though, is to flush your water heater once or twice a year.
- Temperature issues can usually be fixed on your water heater by adjusting the thermostat. However, if this does not work, then you should schedule an appointment for water heater repair and have the technician replace the sensor or the thermostat.
- Water heater leaks usually cannot be fixed by anyone, so if your water heater has a leak, then it is time to call a professional for water heater replacement.
If you ever have any doubts about your ability to fix a seemingly simple problem on your water heater, it is best to at least call a professional with your questions about water heater repair. After all, it is better to be safe than sorry!
For water heater repair in Mooresville NC, contact us at Cool Comfort Heating & Air. We offer quality HVAC services at fair prices to homes and businesses. Call us today for a free estimate.