With new air conditioning systems, North Carolinians can enjoy savings that come from increased energy efficiency, year after year. And if you buy a system through a participating contractor, you can reap the benefits of rebates.
Benefits of energy-efficient air conditioning systems:
- Confidence that you made the right decision.
- Cost savings – before and after your purchase.
- The good feeling that comes from doing your part to save our planet.
In order to buy the best air conditioning system you can afford, find out:
- Total cost, including the purchase price, installation and your monthly operating expenses. You may pay more initially for a high-efficiency system, but you’ll save money in the long run.
- The key differences in the various air conditioning systems you are considering.
- Comparisons between prices, unit size, FPL rebates, efficiency rating, estimated annual savings and payback period.
Some terminology you should know:
- SEER (seasonal energy efficiency ratio). This is a measure of the average yearly efficiency of heat pumps or air conditioners. FPL recommends a SEER of at least 14.
- HSPF (heating seasonal performance factor). This is a measure of the average yearly heating efficiency of heat pumps. FPL recommends a HSPF of at least 6.8. The higher the HSPF or SEER, the more efficient the model.
Units of measure that determine the size of air conditioning systems:
- BTU (British thermal unit) describes how much cooling or heating your home requires.
- Ton: A measure of the cooling capacity or size of an air conditioner. One ton is equivalent to 12,000 BTU.
For air conditioning services in Mooresville NC, contact us at Cool Comfort Heating & Air. We offer quality HVAC services at fair prices to homes and businesses. Call us today for a free estimate.